The military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy ended today, eliminating a practice that led to more than 13,000 service member discharges since 1993. Its enforcement has been in decline since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, according to unofficial stats from Wikipedia:
President Obama began his second term today with a roughly 2,000 word inaugural speech at the Capitol. How does the length of his remarks compare with other presidents in history? Data source: Wikipedia Share This:TwitterFacebookMoreEmailGoogle … Continue reading → Read More
- How Many Cops Does Your Local Government Have Per Resident?
- NY Times Examines Injuries To Jockeys, Horses At Race Tracks
The Washington Post this morning reports on Army Spec. David Hickman, who died last month in Bagdad, the victim of a roadside bomb. The paper notes that Hickman could very well be the last last … Continue reading → Read More
- American Troop Deployments
Andy Murray could become the first British man to win Wimbeldon since 1936 when he faces six-time champion Roger Federer on Sunday. While the British haven’t earned a trophy in a while, they dominated the … Continue reading → Read More
- How Many Points Will Alabama And LSU Score Tonight?
- Andy Carvin Twitter Archive
Data source: Wikipedia Share This:TwitterFacebookMoreEmailGoogle +1RedditStumbleUponPinterestTumblr Read More
- How Robert Griffin III's Heisman Ballot Compares to Past Winners