I’m a reporter and data journalist based in Seoul, South Korea. The Daily Viz, launched in 2011, is my digital sketchpad — a place for creating and curating charts, maps, graphs and other data stories.
These days I’m a special correspondent for the Los Angeles Times, covering South Korea. I previously worked as an economics correspondent for The Wall Street Journal. Before the Journal, I was data editor at NPR, working with reporters and editors on investigative and interactive projects. I was also the first data applications editor at the The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit news organization in Austin, Texas.
I’ve also covered government, politics and law enforcement at both The Dallas Morning News and the Houston Chronicle.
- LA Times: Samsung heir apparent is arrested in South Korean corruption scandal
- LA Times: Two more arrests in Malaysia in mysterious death of North Korean leader’s half brother
- LA Times: By testing a missile, North Korea was probably also testing Trump, experts say
- LA Times: South Korea says North Korea fired a missile into the Sea of Japan
- LA Times: South Korea’s president is expected to face prosecutors in coming days
- LA Times: Mattis arrives in South Korea to reassure nervous U.S. ally
- LA Times: South Korea is coping with its worst outbreak of avian flu ever — and U.S. egg farmers are benefiting